Sunday, August 29, 2010

Supercat Alcohol Stove

So I've made my own Supercat backpacking stove!


I had been reading a lot about home-made stoves on the internet, from things like soda can stoves, penny stoves, etc. But it all seemed really complicated to me. One day I stumbled upon a website about a stove made from an aluminum can called the Super Cat, and read up.

Turns out, it's super easy to make and get working. All you need is a can of food, a hole puncher, and some de-natured alcohol. You take the can of food, empty it out and clean it, measure out holes, and punch them out. Use some pliers and maybe a file to clean things up.

Check this out:


Also:


So I finally got it working, and it worked almost too well! It cooked eggs in no time, and boiled in about 5 minutes too. There was plenty of fuel with one thing of alcohol (a "thing" being the amount of alcohol in the can from the bottom to just below the holes).


So here's the video I made of me using the stove for the first time. Enjoy!


No comments:

Followers