Friday, December 5, 2008

Future Plans

So two of the things we want to do are camping in Hocking Hills in the winter and in the Grand Tetons/Yellowstone next summer.



In fact, I want to go camping next spring, too. Maybe the place Robby went to in kentucky. Yes, Land Between the Lakes is what it was. The website for that park is here.

Robby said he saw all the stars there. As in, the galaxy.



That is what I want to see at night. What I want to sleep under. It must be so breathtaking. We don't realize how beautiful night can be. Such a shame.

Well, my plan is to camp in Hocking Hills with my girlfriend, my neighbor, my brother and my cousin, and a girl (because otherwise my girlfriend can't go). It's hard arranging everyone's
schedule though. Unfortunately it looks like we'll have to be sleeping near RV's, but it's no lie that the hiking part in hocking hills is the bigger part. Beautiful scenery. Hopefully there'll be frozen waterfalls when we go.

Then we'll go backcountry camping in Land Between the Lakes in spring. That sounds sublime.

Then, in summer, the mother of all awesome. Yellowstone and Grand Tetons. Sleeping under the galaxy, swimming in crisp lakes, hiking in beautiful, flowery valleys, bright, vibrant blue skies, eating paintbrush plants... God yes. Complete wilderness.

You don't know how badly I want it. I need it, in fact.

Later in life? I want to go everywhere. Specifically I'm planning Yosemite and Banff National Parks as my next destinations.

I have actually been to Banff before as a kid on vacation. Just in the mountains though, not in the wilderness either. But I remember riding a ski lift and playing in the mountain's snow in shorts.

I'll leave you with a very adventure-esque song from Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLeDjDDFwNc

-Andre
w Lin

No comments:

Followers