Friday, December 5, 2008

Welcome to Weekly Wilderness! Adventure Archives!

I've decided to start a new blog dedicated to nature, camping, wilderness, nostalgia, adventure, and the goodtimes they bring. Every day, I feel so trapped and so tired of all the mundane repition of modern society.

I delight in technology, for sure. I love videogames, love the internet, love my MP3 player, etc. But it's all about balance. I've got to have my nature.

First, let me say this - These are other blogs/websites related to me.
http://phatcorns.com/drewboy
Drewboy's Area

My main website, which, as of this post, I have not updated fo
r a long ass while.

http://drewboy64.livejournal.com

Andrew's Amazing Adventures
my day to day journal.


http://weeklywavespodcast.blogspot.com

Weekly Waves
My cousin Robby and my blog for our podcast, Weekly Waves.


Just a note:
If you go to my livejournal page, you can find logs about my camping trip to Shenandoah.

Now, some pictures from my first two (and so far, only) camping trips.

Hocking Hills was a primitive camping trip - designated campgrounds, but tent camping only. The scenery was beautiful, and it was sublime. I woke up and heard so many birds chirping. I remember when we first arrived, we saw a rainbow. Actually, a circumhorizontal arc. We
knew it was a sign that this would be a good trip.


If you want to see more Hocking Hills pictures, go here or here.

The scenery was breathtaking
. Sometimes it reminded me of Tallon IV from Metroid Prime. The opening level of Halo 3 also reminds me of it. But man, great scenery. I remember one hike we went on had a paved path and it almost felt like we were in a building or museum, cause of the natural airconditioning.

We always went off the path and explored, which was great. Now, one disappointment was that we couldn't see any stars. But camping was great. I got what I call a s'moregasm. I remember eating two delicious smores, then gulping down cold water straight from a gallon we had bought, then lying down in the tent. Ultimate satisfaction.


Official Goodtimes Video


Man, then there was Shenandoah National Park. What a great trip. This was a backcountry camping trip, which meant we hiked in and found our own camping spot. Nearly complete wilderness. We had a map and it was so fun to navigate with it. The first night we had to hike in the dark till we found a camping spot. It was treacherous but awesome.



I also wrote in a diary my adventures. For the transcribed version, go here. Also, for more pictures, go here or here.

Also, for all the videos, check out this and this.

Well, those were some damn good times. Hopefully you will be able to experience the pure euphoria of nature and wilderness.

Every week, I'll try to update this with writings, and I'll post about all my wilderness camping adventures and anything like them.

Peace out, Andrew Lin




P.S., I found a camping blog called Camping Coop that inspired this one. Actaully, I've been looking for a blog about adventure, and figured I should just do it myself.

No comments:

Followers